Growing microgreens in soil/media: Microgreens are produced in basket or pot containing soil or growing media like., coir, wood fiber, bark, paper fiber, peat moss, perlite, rock wool, coco peat, vermiculite, vermi compost, sphagnum peat etc.,
Due to very short pre-harvest period chemical treatments should be avoided.
- Fill the pot with soil/growing media.
- Choose your microgreens seeds.
- Moisten the medium using water sprayer/sprinkler.
- Sow approx. 8-10 microgreens seeds per square inch evenly.
- Optimum spacing should be maintained.
- Spray seeds with water.
- Cover the seeds very lightly with the growing media.
- Cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the seeds germinate for 2-3 days.
- Maintain the humidity
- Uncover the Lid when the seeds are germinated.
- Give your microgreens a good spray of water.
- Expose it to light.
- Favorable temperature is 26°C.
- Microgreens are usually harvested at 7-14 days after germination